Senior Scientist – Neurology
The Senior Scientist in Neurology will report to the VP of R&D and Science Strategy and will interact seamlessly with the Management Team and the Development team to implement a strategy to lead target discovery and target validation programs, help formulate therapeutics and oversee preclinical proof of concept studies.
- Develop and manage solid projects (discovery and validation) for various neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases).
- Supervise and coordinate the validation of new neurology targets identified by the Interrogative Biology® platform, and the development of new therapeutic agents for various cancers.
- Support the development of BERG’s leading neurology assets in the clinical phase through in vitro and in vivo studies to explore the mechanism of action.
- Define budgets and timelines for the entire program.
- Generate data for IP and publication as well as providing and integrating cutting edge technology to answer critical questions within the R & D groups.
- Increase BERG’s visibility within the scientific community through publications and conference presentations.
- Manage up to 7 individuals (1-2 Scientists + 4-5 Research Associates).
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a Ph.D. degree in neurology with 3-5 years of postdoctoral training, or MS with 8-10 years minimum of experience in a pharma industry setting with project lead responsibilities in neurology (drug discovery and/ or biomarker).
- Proven track record of scientific, managerial, and collaborative work in neurodegenerative disease (Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease).
- Strong management, leadership and training skills with critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving aptitudes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills