Senior Research Associate – Oncology
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Research Associate. This individual must have “hands-on” research experience in biology, biochemistry and/or protein sciences applied in the context of drug discovery and biological characterization. The Senior Research Associate works on a multidisciplinary team both internally and with external partners on oncology drug discovery and drug development.
- Effectively implement and execute experiments involving the assessment of potency, target engagement, and mechanism of action of novel compounds using multiple techniques (e.g., Western blot, flow cytometry, plate-based endpoints).
- Manage internal small molecule inventory.
- Maintain laboratory records and notebook, organize and compile data, and write and present comprehensive reports on results.
- Facilitate interactions with external partners/CROs relevant to experimental projects.
- Handle laboratory workflows, coordinate with activities of other personnel, and participate in project/timeline management.
- Operate effectively and collaboratively in a team oriented, cross functional research and development organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a BS in biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience in the biotech/biopharma industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the assessment of target engagement, identification, and validation of early efficacy biomarkers, in vitro pharmacology, mechanism of action studies
- Laboratory skills in mammalian cell culture and common molecular techniques are essential; experience in cell-based assay development is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and demonstrate attention to detail and record-keeping
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, GraphPad Prism, and PowerPoint is needed for the preparation of reports to management.