Senior Research Associate – Biosystems
A Research Associate position is available immediately with the R&D team. The Senior Research Associate will report to a Principal Scientist in Oncology R&D and will work with scientific staff focused on oncology drug discovery and development.
- Perform the full spectrum of laboratory activities and independently develop, troubleshoot, and optimize cell-based assays in support of drug discovery and development efforts
- Assess potency and target engagement of novel compounds using multiple techniques (e.g., Western, flow cytometry, plate-based endpoints, MSD)
- Maintain laboratory records and notebook, organize and compile data, and write and present comprehensive reports on results
- Facilitate interactions with external partners/CROs relevant to experimental projects
- Handle laboratory workflows, coordinate activities of other personnel, and participate in project/timeline management
- Assist junior team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a BS in biology, biochemistry, or a related field and 3-5 years of laboratory experience is required or a MS in biology, biochemistry, or a related field plus 2 years of laboratory experience. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the assessment of target engagement, identification, and validation of early efficacy biomarkers, and in vitro pharmacology.
- Laboratory skills in mammalian cell culture, common molecular techniques and; experience in cell-based assay development is required.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and demonstrate attention to detail and record-keeping.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, GraphPad Prism, and PowerPoint is needed for the preparation of reports to management