Senior Director of AI & Machine Learning
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Analytics Officer, the Senior Director leads the research and development of new analytical methodologies, guides the implementation of the technologies for big data analysis, and interfaces the collaboration with external partners. The Senior Director works independently on the execution of corporate objectives, actively participates in internal program-specific development teams, external client engagements, and vendor management. The Senior Director is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of Data Analysis projects for BERG R&D groups, Clinical Trials, and external collaborations. Partnering with BERG IT s/he administrates the delivery of top-notch technologies within BERG HPC infrastructure. In addition, the position works close to BERG management to leverage key outputs and conclusions from BERG datastore
- Work closely with R&D and Precision Medicine teams to provide expertise on data generation, curation, and implementation of program-specific analytical strategies
- Integrate activities with R&D Biology and Precision Medicine/Diagnostic Teams
- Identify project-specific data sources for easy consumption by R&D Biology and Precision Medicine initiatives
- Continuous evaluation of cutting edge innovation in data analytics for program-specific and/or company-wide implementation
- Leverage the diversity of internal and external molecular, clinical and other relevant data sources to help augment the company’s vision as a leader in the use of data-driven decisions in health can disease management
- Develop a clear strategy for data ingestion, preparation, consumption strategy, framework, and operations
- Supervise and support BERG Analytics team within their development and analytical tasks
- Recruit, mentor, and evaluate members of the Analytics team, in addition to assuring their compliance with BERG policies and procedures
- Ensure the optimal flow of BERG Analytics activities, responsibility for their timely delivery, and high-quality outputs
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative solutions that support BERG Analytics internal and external projects
- Internalize the streamlining and automation of BERG Analytics algorithms and activities
- Understand BERG R&D challenges and hence implement analytical solutions that better fit R&D goals
- Lead the deployment of Analytical tools into the web environment
- Hands-on analysis of projects that challenge the standard analytical methods
- Supervise the administration of BERG HPC environment, and research/propose the deployment of new technologies when necessary
- Actively engage potential customers and support business development for BERG Analytics
- Work in parallel with BERG management in driving BERG Analytics business objectives
- Presentation of scientific results and activities internally and externally.
- Preparation and submission of scientific manuscripts for review and publication
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Ph.D. in Computational Biology or related field with 10+ years experience including 5+ years in the industry. A minimum of 5 years of team management and supervising experience is also required.
- Proven ability to find creative and practical solutions to complex problems.
- Proven experience in managing and delivering actionable solutions to internal and external collaborators
- Strong understanding of molecular and clinical data
- Ability to deliver outputs in a comprehensive format that highlights major trends, avoid miss-interpretations and value the conclusions
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills.
- Proficiency in R is required
- Proficiency in Scala, C, Python, and MySQL is a plus
- Solid experience in Linux and Big Data technologies
- Working experience in AWS is a plus
- Working knowledge of version control and project management systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a superior and proven track record of technical and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and demonstrate attention to detail and record-keeping.