Scientist I – Pharmacology
Reporting to the Team Lead, as a Scientist you will be joining a translations team to support the drug discovery engine. You will be responsible for managing and overseeing in vivo proof of concept (PoC) and pharmacology studies that are run with external CROs. The Berg R&D pipeline, that spans oncology and neurology, currently has many rapidly advancing small molecules and biologics that are in various stages of PoC and pharmacology studies. The ideal candidate will be a motivated team player who is willing to work in a highly cross-functional setting that is fast-paced and dynamic. The candidate will present high-quality communication skills along with a strong sense of ownership.
- Design animal protocols based on the input from the program leads and scientific management
- Work closely with CROs to execute the animal study and monitor the study to ensure compliance with technical requirements that are laid out in the proposed design
- Archive all tissues/samples collected at the end of each study
- Perform downstream analysis on collected tissues
- Ensure quality of data and data compliance, generate high-quality reports with recommendations
- Analyse data collected from CROs and present it in the scientific meetings
- Minimal hands-on lab work is associated with this position.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Experience in desiging and executing animal studies
- Knowledge of Animal Care and Use principles and applications
- Experience with in vivo mouse models for oncology and/or neurology will be ideal
- Experience with managing CRO relation is preferred
- Experience with tissue analysis is an advantage