Scientist I – Lipidomics
The Lipidomics Scientist, within the Precision Medicine Group, will oversee the structural and signaling lipid workflow BERG used for clinical and research bioanalysis. He/she will manage research associates as well as advance SOPs and maintain quality metrics within the workflow. The Lipidomics Scientist will also be in charge of managing KOL relationships and external/internal projects through the publication of high impact publications demonstrating the robustness of the platform.
- Responsible for the full spectrum of activities involved in analytical measurements with the group
- Organize, perform, analyze and report experiments.
- Perform mass spectrometry-based assays and studies focused on lipid analysis of diverse samples from the biological matrices.
- Develop microextraction methods to improve throughput for the platform.
- Expand lipid analyte list for structural and signaling lipid platform.
- Develop technical manuscripts demonstrating the internal robustness of the workflow.
- Manage a team of research associates.
- Lab analytical instrumentation routine maintenance.
- Daily QC and validated SOP implementation.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Requires an MS or Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field with 5-6 years of experience in the mass spectrometric analysis of lipids, metabolites and/or metabolites is encouraged.
- Comprehensive understanding lipidomics applications and lipid biochemistry in the areas of systems biology, neurodegeneration, obesity, cardiovascular disease, and cancer is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a proven track record of technical and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and demonstrate attention to detail and record-keeping.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required for preparation of reports to management.
- Ability to prepare manuscripts for presentation, publication, and regulatory requirements is preferred.