Scientist I / II – Neurology
The Research and Development team is seeking a highly motivated, experienced individual with a strong background deciphering metabolic dysregulation in various neurological diseases. The candidate will be integrated into a multidisciplinary research team to investigate dynamic changes in proteomic, lipidomic, metabolomic organization in various neurological disorders, cellular systems, and biofluids.
- Drive company’s efforts in understanding metabolism in various neurological diseases and integrate mechanism of action (MOA) experiments surrounding diagnostics and therapeutic target.
- Mentor a team of research associates.
- Streamline analytical protocols and create validated workflows to support company’s discovery pipeline.
- Design scientific studies with clear goals and deliverables. Summarize and present scientific results and recommendations internally and externally.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Requires a Ph.D. in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, or related field with 1-5 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Strong understanding of neurochemistry, cellular metabolism, and neurological disease models as well as critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of neural physiology and systems biology is desirable.
- Solid scientific training/productivity as identified through high impact publications demonstrating creative thinking as well as innovative technical approaches.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to prepare manuscripts for presentation and publication is required.