Research Associate I – Assay Development
We are looking for a highly motivated, outstanding Research Associate who will work as a member of Assay Development Group and will primarily be focused on immunoassay development for biomarker projects. The successful candidate will execute development studies, conduct data analysis, document results. The role will involve cross-functional collaboration with other teams. The successful candidate will join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving global human life.
- Assist in ligand binding assay method development (MSD, ELISA) and provide technique and application support for immunoassays transferred to downstream users.
- Perform experiments to improve assay performance and robustness.
- Contribute to experimental design, data analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving to improve methods or procedures.
- Conduct assay performance validation.
- Perform protein analysis (BCA, SDS/native-PAGE, Western Blot, and Immunoprecipitation).
- Maintain tissue culture lab
- Develop experiment protocols and prepare SOPs
- Perform laboratory experiments carefully and troubleshoot to solve problems
- Meticulously document experiment results in laboratory notebooks and databases timely
- Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to managers and other team members
- Prepare experiment and project reports as required
- Order and stock laboratory supplies for a continuous and consistent workflow.
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a BS in biology/biochemistry/immunology with 0-2 years of related experience
- Knowledge and prior experience with basic antibody, protein analytical methods, such as ELISA, Protein concentration assays, SDS-PAGE, and Western Blot.
- Must be analytical, flexible, innovative, and self-motivated.