Research Associate I – Omics
The Research Associate I will be responsible for biomarker discovery/validation in multiple disease areas, including neurodegenerative diseases, diabetes, obesity, and cancer, using state-of-the-art quantitative proteomics platforms.
- Assist in high-throughput sample preparation of patient clinical samples in a team-oriented environment
- Follow standard operating procedures and perform duties in a highly detail-oriented and organized manner
- Duties will include sample preparation, mass spectrometry, instrument maintenance, and QC, as well as troubleshooting.
- Analyze, interpret and present data in a clear fashion
- Other duties, as assigned
- Requires a BS/MS in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or related discipline with solid training in analytical methods (MS preferred)
- Familiarity with Mass Spectrometry.
- Hands-on experience with mass spec quantitative and qualitative data analysis including spectral interpretation is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a superior and proven track record of technical and organizational skills. Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and demonstrate attention to detail and record-keeping.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required for preparation of reports to management.