Laboratory Operations Specialist I – Platform Sciences
This position will be joining the Compound Repository team to support small molecule compound characterization in our research programs. The candidate will be responsible for executing daily compound processing and deliveries for hit screening assays. This job will require the candidate to have excellent organization, communication, and teamwork skills, as well as flexibility and versatility, to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Responsible for processing of solid compound submissions and compound dispense requests for assay screening.
- Fulfill compound requests into multiple labware. Support low to medium throughput screening campaigns and perform hit picking and library reformatting.
- Upload data into database and/or spreadsheets.
- Collaborates with Project Management/Medicinal Chemistry/Biology team members as well as external CROs to deliver high quality requests to support project advancement.
- Applies scientific and technical expertise to improve compound storage and fulfillment workflows.
- Maintains general familiarity with current scientific literature relevant to research programs.
- Maintains electronic laboratory notebook in a complete, consistent and timely manner in accordance with company intellectual property policies and practices.
- Adheres to excellent health and safety practices and compliance with applicable EH&S safety rules and participates in mandatory safety training programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in related discipline
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Experience in compound/sample fulfillment tasks.
- Must be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have excellent time management skills.
- Working knowledge of activities related to many compound management processes including quality control and logistics management
- Experience with Inventory/Request database systems is a plus.
- General knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry, and/or chemistry techniques, theories and practices.
- General understanding of how individual experiments fit within a larger research program to meet organizational goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent work ethic, and works effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Computer proficiency including MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel required.