Laboratory Operations Specialist I
Laboratory Operations Specialist is a dynamic position that supports all lab operations within the Precision Medicine teams ensuring a safe work environment, by maintaining a clean, organized lab and facilitate training as necessary. The successful Lab Operations Specialist prioritizes duties for continuous and measurable improvement in the Labs.
- Clinical Program Support
- Accessioning of clinical samples in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) following the laboratory’s standard operating procedures (SOPs) for downstream processes.
- Collection kit preparation and internal QC.
- Manage discrepancies in clinical samples.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee and maintain laboratory policies and procedures for equipment maintenance, laboratory cleanliness and organization, Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Work with the facilities department to coordinate equipment maintenance schedules, and coordinate with vendors to ensure rapid equipment repairs, equipment induction process, and utilization of electronic asset management system.
- Acts as a point of contact between cross-functional groups, sites, and outside collaborations and vendors.
- Work with teams to assist with sample inventory onsite.
- Support the teams with instrument service contracts.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase the operational efficiency of the laboratory.
- Freeze alarm response.
- Working with cross-functional groups to track orders, reconcile orders, invoices, and receipt confirmations.
- Develop and improve SOPs for clinical laboratory related to accessioning and inventory.
- Coordinate maintenance and calibration on small equipment (balances, centrifuges, pipets) and large equipment (Mass spectrometer and freezers) used within the laboratory.
- Update SDS binders quarterly.
- Assist in QA tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Science preferred with 0-2 years experience
- Experience with a LIMS with some scripting experience preferred, but not required
- Logical and critical thinking skills, organizational skills as well as innovative problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to function in a matrix and collaborative/team-oriented environment.
- Reliability, responsibility, and attention to detail are required
- Demonstrated adherence to attendance and punctuality
- Ability to communicate effectively.