Lab Operations Specialist I – Precision Medicine
Reporting to the Chief Precision Medicine Officer, the entry level Laboratory Operations Specialist will process laboratory specimens (aliquoting and accessioning) along with maintain operational activities within the precision group.
- Process laboratory specimens, including transporting specimens within the lab, centrifugation and aliquoting and labeling specimens. Identify problems with specimen types, missing information, etc.
- Accession laboratory specimens using the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and/or Freezerworks software.
- Follow all documentation procedures as per the SOP for the receipt, accessioning and storage of samples in house.
- Purchase, order and maintain inventory of laboratory reagents and consumables.
- Obtain and file Certificates of Analysis for purchased reagents.
- Obtain MSDS sheets and update Chemical Inventory and MSDS books as needed.
- Monitor temperature, keep chemical disposal/waste logs and other duties as assigned.
- Requires an AS or BS Degree with 0-2 years’ experience
- Reliability, responsibility and attention to detail are required
- Experience with a LIMS and/ or Freezerworks system is desired, but not required
- Interest in a fast-paced laboratory environment