INTERN – Metabolomics
BERG LLC seeks to hire a summer intern for the Metabolomics group, located in Framingham, MA. The intern will be responsible for learning, evaluating and deploying mass spectrometric protocols for Metabolomics analysis of bio-fluids and other samples, using both wet lab and computational methodologies. The intern will work on a project under the mentorship of a scientist, working as part of a team to optimize the performance of bioanalytical protocols in industrial conditions, being involved in analysis optimization and validation.
The Metabolomics Application Internship position provides an opportunity for students in the Life Sciences who are currently pursuing a biology, chemistry, biochemistry or bioengineering degree to get hands-on experience. The Metabolomics Application intern will contribute to application development and data analysis efforts in metabolomics and its applications in developments of therapeutics. The position starts in May, paid working 40 hours per week through August / September.
- Conduct laboratory experiments preparing metabolomics samples following established protocols
- Design experiments to improve the application method, executing them and summarizing the results
- Learn about the relevance of deep metabolome characterization using state-of-the-art metabolomics GC/MS and LC/MS instrumentation and software tools.
- Contribute to the maintenance, improvement, and operation of the global metabolomics platform
- Perform standard QA/QC procedures and routine maintenance on analytical instrumentation
- Perform statistical analysis of complex datasets to aid in biological interpretation of data
- Prepare laboratory notebooks, technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses
- Present work at internal meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be an active full-time student (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D.)
- Must live within commuting distance to Framingham, MA
- Must have strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer