The OMICS Informatics Scientist within the precision medicine/analytics group will oversee quality metrics within OMICS data sets. He/she will enhance normalization tools and analysis strategies for clinical OMICS analysis to support research efforts. The OMICS Informatics Scientist will also implement databases to inform bioanalytical methods to improve robustness and throughput of OMICS datasets.
- Responsible for implementation of novel visualization and statistical tools for lipidomics, metabolomics, and proteomics datasets
- Develop reports, SOPs, and documentation of data analysis plans
- Enhance QC metrics within the group for OMICS datasets
- Streamline in-house tools for tracking quality metrics from OMICS datasets
- Build automated workflows for mass spectrometry data extraction integrated with in-house databases
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Requires an MS or Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, informatics or a related field with 1-3 years of industry experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a proven track record of technical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of R, Python, and other coding languages is desired
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and demonstrate attention to detail and record-keeping.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required for preparation of reports to management.
- Ability to prepare manuscripts for presentation, publication, and regulatory requirements is preferred.