Data Scientist – Digital Health
The Digital Health team is seeking a highly motivated, meticulous and detail-oriented individual for a multi-disciplinary team. The candidate will be instrumental in analyzing and making inferences from healthcare big data and must be goal oriented and should have strong background in statistics, epidemiology and possess some programming skills. The candidate should also be a quick learner, flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the project.
- Execution of meticulous and well thought out data analysis for building predictive algorithms on healthcare big data
- Development and execution of data analysis protocols to support the company’s discovery pipeline
- Detailed documentation of data analysis methods and findings
- Presentation of scientific results internally and externally
- Preparation and submission of scientific manuscripts for review and publication
- Other duties, as assigned
- Requires a Ph.D. in Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Data Science or related field
- Experience working with healthcare claims, pharmacy and electronic medical record data (EMR) is highly desirable.
- Strong skills in statistics and study design.
- Proficiency in R and ability to work in a Linux environment are required
- Experience with SQL, Hadoop, Python is preferred
- Proven experience in applying Data Science methodologies to extract, process and transform data from multiple sources
- Proven ability to find creative, practical solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a superior and proven track record of technical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team-oriented environment