Data Scientist – Digital Health
The Digital Health team is seeking a highly motivated, meticulous and detail-oriented individual for a multi-disciplinary team. The candidate will be instrumental in analyzing and making inferences from healthcare big data and must be goal oriented and should have a strong background in statistics, epidemiology and possess some programming skills. The candidate should also be a quick learner, flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the project.
- Execution of meticulous and well thought out data analysis for building predictive algorithms on healthcare big data
- Development and execution of data analysis protocols to support the company’s discovery pipeline
- Detailed documentation of data analysis methods and findings
- Presentation of scientific results internally and externally
- Preparation and submission of scientific manuscripts for review and publication
- Other duties, as assigned
- Requires a Ph.D. in Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Data Science or related field
- Experience working with healthcare claims, pharmacy and electronic medical record data (EMR) is highly desirable.
- Strong skills in statistics and study design.
- Proficiency in R and the ability to work in a Linux environment are required
- Experience with SQL, Hadoop, Python is preferred
- Proven experience in applying Data Science methodologies to extract, process and transform data from multiple sources
- Proven ability to find creative, practical solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a superior and proven track record of technical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team-oriented environment