Data Research Associate II – NeurologyScientist
Research Associate II is an experienced and motivated individual. The RA II will characterize novel therapeutic targets for neurodegenerative diseases and assists in the development of potency assays and phenotypic screens in vitro.
- Assist in the characterization of novel diagnostic biomarkers and therapeutic targets for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease using standard molecular biology techniques
- Identification, development, and implementation of cutting-edge methods for characterizing lead biomarker and therapeutic candidates
- Contribution to assay development and small molecule screens
- Maintain and differentiate several cell lines to support the research efforts of the Neurology department
- Report research findings in an organized, clear and timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a BS or MS in biology, biochemistry, neuroscience or a related field with 1-2 years of experience in the academic or pharmaceutical industry setting
- Experience with tissue culture (both cell lines and primary neurons) and an understanding of preclinical, cell-based assay development and common molecular biology techniques (Immunoblotting, ELISA, qPCR, ICC/IHC) is required
- General understanding of neuronal dysfunction and neurodegeneration is desirable
- Hands-on experience with iPSC technology and CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a proven track record of technical and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a highly matrixed, team-oriented environment and demonstrate attention to detail and thorough record-keeping
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required for preparation of reports to management.
- Must have experience and the ability to prepare manuscripts for presentation, publication, and regulatory requirements.