The Data Engineer is a highly motivated and experienced individual who enjoys working in a dynamic multi-disciplinary team. This individual is instrumental in the management and processing of molecular and clinical data. The Data Engineer has a solid ETL background and is strongly goal-oriented with a focus on real-world impact.
- Interact with internal and external collaborators to understand and deploy solutions that ensure data safety, integrity and availability.
- Work with the Analytics team in the design, development, and execution of intelligent ETL pipelines.
- Responsible for the harmonization of internal and external datasets towards the requirements of the BERG AI platform.
- Responsible to generate reports that allow for the evaluation of data quality and reliability of processing algorithms.
- Work with IT on defining data-based solutions for upcoming projects.
- Recommend new policies for data collection and documentation.
- Oversee compliance with the data-related policies.
- Develop and write technical documentation for internal and external collaborators.
- Provide guidance and training to Berg staff as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires an MS in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics or a related field with 2+ years’ experience in data management in healthcare-related fields or research setting.
- Proficiency in R is required, and in Python is a plus.
- Experience with SQL is required. Experience with non-relational databases is a plus.
- Experience in Linux and Big Data technologies is preferred.
- Proven ability to demonstrate attention to detail and record-keeping.
- Quick learner, extremely flexible and adaptable to the needs of internal collaborators in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to efficiently work on multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently, with minor supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.