Reporting to the CEO, this position is accountable for the accounting, reporting, closing and cash functions of BERG, LLC. Responsible for maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and US GAAP.
- Oversee the general accounting function, which includes cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting and balance sheet management.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Provide technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company areas. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding licensing or partnerships.
- Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, and US GAAP.
- Ensure that the financial reporting/computer systems maintain operation. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements are achieved.
- Coordinate work relating external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon
recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensure that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Provide financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintain sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Manages & administers the stock option grant program
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Requires a BS degree in Accounting, plus CPA certification, with Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within Biotech-Pharma sector.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory.
- Experience with Net Suite and Certent is a plus
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite